FROM WSJ STAFF REPORTS
The Town of Wake Forest invites you to explore the heart of Wake Forest and experience the magic of the holiday season during their Downtown Window Wonderland.
Local artist Cyndi McKnight with Cyndi’s Faces has painted several merchant windows to portray themes from classic holiday movies and television shows. As you stroll through downtown, see if you can guess the movie or television show represented in the windows of the following merchants:
• Page 158 Books, 415B Brooks St.
• Arrow Tree Boutique, 415A Brooks St.
• Sweeties Candy Shop, 352 S. White St.
• The Cotton Company, 306 S. White St.
• Diamond N-D Rough, 223 S. White St.
• Shorty’s Famous Hot Dogs, 214 S. White St.
• Next Consignment Boutique, 210 S. White St.
• Wayne’s Creative Hairstyling, 204 S. White St.
• Wake Forest Coffee Company, 156 S. White St.
• The Burger Shop/The Lemon Tree Café, 203 Wait Ave.
Be sure to take a picture and use the hashtag #WFWindowWonderland on social media.
In addition, on the first two Saturdays in December (Dec. 5 and 12) from noon-3 p.m., two downtown windows will come to life with assorted characters from “The Nutcracker.”
The living windows are at these locations:
• Nancy Jo Photography, 225 S. White St.
• RE/MAX Hometown, 147 S. White St.
Destiny Dance Institute will provide the dancers & costumes to bring The Nutcracker to life.