From WSJ Staff Reports
Now that North Carolina has lifted all indoor and outdoor capacity requirements and masks and social distancing are no longer required, the Town of Wake Forest is pleased to announce the return of several popular in-person events, including the July 3 Fireworks Spectacular and Friday Night on White featuring Crush on September 10. Family Movie Nights at Joyner Park will also resume on July 24 and August 7, while a “Halloween Boo Bash” will be offered at Joyner Park Community Center on October 21.
In addition, a special “Six Sundays in Fall” concert series has been scheduled at E. Carroll Joyner Park on six consecutive Sunday afternoons from September 5 through October 10, while the Wake Forest Cares Holiday Kick-off is coming to Downtown Wake Forest on Saturday, Nov. 13.
“From the outset of the pandemic, we said that once state restrictions were lifted, we’d resume hosting in-person events,” said Mayor Vivian Jones. “Following last week’s announcement by Gov. Cooper, we’re beyond thrilled that we can resume gathering in-person with our family and friends for so many of our favorite community events.”
Additional information about Town happenings will be provided in the coming days. In the meantime, area residents are urged to sign up for special events reminders via E-Notifier at www.wakeforestnc.gov/communications/e-notifier.
Finally, Town officials announced today that beginning Tuesday, June 1, the Wake Forest Town Hall will transition to a normal operating schedule of 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday. For more information, complete and submit the online “Contact Us” form at www.wakeforestnc.gov/customer-service-central/contact-us.