Vacationers: Hatteras-Ocacoke Ferry route resumes service

PHOTO | NORTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION

FROM WSJSTAFF REPORTS

HATTERAS – The U.S. Coast Guard has given approval for the N.C. Department of Transportation’s Hatteras Inlet ferry route to resume service immediately. 

Hyde County’s re-entry restrictions have been lifted for residents, property owners and vendors, and was lifted for visitors Wednesday, August 5 at 6 a.m.

The temporary schedule will be as follows:

  • From Hatteras: 5 a.m., 6 a.m., 7 a.m., 8 a.m., 9 a.m., 10 a.m., 11 a.m., noon, 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m., 5 p.m., 6 p.m., 9 p.m. and midnight
  • From Ocracoke: 4:30 a.m., 6:30 a.m., 7:30 a.m., 8:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.

The route will return to its full published schedule​ on Thursday, Aug. 6 with the Ocracoke Express passenger ferry also returning to service that day pending channel assessment.

The Aurora-Bayview and Cherry Branch-Minnesott Beach ferry routes have also resumed service. Other N.C. Ferry routes will reopen after ferry channels are checked for debris and approval is given by the Coast Guard.

(Visited 24 times, 1 visits today)

Wake Forest man charged with woman’s murder

FROM WSJSTAFF REPORTS John Charles Farley, of Wake Forest, was arrested Monday after a woman died from injuries she suffered last month, authorities said. Farley, 51, was charged with murder in the death of Stephanie Farley. Police didn’t disclose how the two’s relationship.  Authorities said police went to John Farley’s home on Hampton Chase Court […]

0 comments

Walter E. Cole, American Legion Annual Legionnaire Golf Tournament:

 The fourth annual Post 187 Legionnaire Golf Tournament is now history. The Brevofield Links were in great shape as reported by the Tournament Directors. Calling all the participants to the Tee Boxes at the start of the tournament; we were honored to have Mayor Vivian Jones. Winning the top award for the best overall score was the […]

0 comments

COVID-19 claims outdoor Town events through March 2021

From WSJSTAFF Reports In response to state restrictions on outdoor gatherings, the Board of Commissioners agreed Tuesday to suspend through March 2021 all Town-sponsored events that draw large crowds. As a result, the Lighting of Wake Forest will join Friday Night on White, the Fireworks Spectacular and a host of other 2020 events impacted by […]

0 comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.