CONTRIBUTED TO WSJ BY THE TOWN OF WAKE FOREST
The Wake Forest Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources (PRCR) Department will begin accepting 2021 facility rental reservations on Monday, Sept. 7, at 8 a.m. In an effort to safeguard the health and safety of our community and staff, the PRCR Department will offer citizens the opportunity to reserve rental facilities online by following a simple step-by-step process:
1. If you do not already have a RecDesk account, set up an account at https://wakeforestnc.recdesk.com/Community/Home;
2. Check the availability of the facility you wish to rent at https://wakeforestnc.recdesk.com/Community/Calendar;
3. Confirm the date and time by calling the facility or the PRCR Department at 919-435-9560;
4. Complete the online rental agreement at https://www.cognitoforms.com/TownOfWakeForest3/facilityrentalagreement;
Once an application has been reviewed and accepted, applicants will receive confirmation via email or telephone, followed by an invoice for the rental deposit or full rental fee.
Please note: Submitting a rental request does not guarantee approval. All requests are considered “tentative” until the entire process has been completed, including payment of the rental deposit or full rental fee.
Once payment is accepted, applicants will receive confirmation via email or telephone.
Citizens may also call and schedule an in-person meeting to reserve the following facilities:
· Wake Forest Community House, 133 W. Owen Ave., Joyner Park Community Center, 701 Harris Road, open spaces, picnic shelters and greenways
Reservations will be accepted at the Joyner Park Community Center, 701 Harris Road. For more information, call 919-435-9560.
· Alston-Massenburg Center and Taylor Street Park picnic shelter
Reservations will be accepted at the Alston-Massenburg Center, 416 N. Taylor St. For more information, call 919-554-6189.
· Flaherty Park Community Center and Flaherty Park picnic shelter
Reservations will be accepted at the Flaherty Park Community Center, 1226 N. White St. For more information, call 919-554-6726.
The Wake Forest Renaissance Centre for the Arts, 405 S. Brooks St., accepts rental reservations year-round. To learn more, visit wakeforestrencen.org or call the Renaissance Centre Box Office at 919-435-9458.